Read All About It! The Eye Doctor’s Office is Opening Soon
After two months of an abundance of caution and practicing social distancing the
Eye Doctor’s Office is planning to reopen on June 1, 2020, by appointment only for eye examinations, medical care and eyewear services.
For the safety of patients and staff, patient volume will be limited to one examination an hour and no more than two patients in the clinic and two in the eyewear showroom at one time.
In preparation for your appointment the following is our protocol:
- For eye exams or medical care please fill out and send back to us all forms we sent to you.
- When you arrive please call the office and wait in your vehicle.
- Every patient must wear a mask all the time in the office to protect others.
- When your turn comes to enter the office please use the door buzzer.
- Upon entering, we will ask a few health questions and take your temperature with a no touch forehead thermometer.
- Try to maintain 6 feet of social distancing between others in the office
- Only the scheduled patient will be allowed in the office unless they need special assistance or a minor.
We are sorry for any inconvenience but we want to make sure that our office is a safe place to come to and stop the spread of COVID-19 on the planet.
Please take a moment to read THE EXPECTATIONS LIST BELOW
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- ALL patient encounters will be by appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
- All patients must complete a COVID-19 questionnaire before arrival at the practice. This form will be digitally sent to you along with others.
- Patients may be asked to wait in their car for their appointment, depending on how many people are in the practice at any given time
- We ask that upon entering our clinic, that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. 🙂
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
- We offer curbside pickup and will come out to your car to dispense glasses and contact lenses.
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the front check-in desk and optical store.
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves, masks and face-shields.
- Spread-out patient chairs in the optical and reception area – at least 6 feet apart.
- Every chair will be disinfected between each use.
- Each pre-testing and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time.
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc. and will be disinfecting these as often as possible.
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- Pens will be sanitized after each use by a patient.
- Minimal signatures on credit card receipts – touchless transactions when possible.
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day.
- Discussions with doctors and staff will be kept to a minimum.
- Follow up phone calls or telehealth video conferencing will be used as often as possible.