The sun is a significant source of potential eye damage. You wear sunglasses to protect your eyes, but regular sunglasses don’t protect against the sun’s glare. Instead of suffering through a loss of vision clarity, discomfort, and possible eye strain, look into a pair of polarized sunglasses. We stock Maui Jim sunglasses in our Dallas eye gallery, one of the best brands you can buy for polarized lenses.
WHAT ARE POLARIZED LENSES?
Image via Flickr by jurvetson
Regular sunglasses have tinted lenses that dampen the amount of sunlight hitting your eyes. Because light travels at your eyes from all directions, any time that light hits a surface and bounces off, it causes glare, which can interfere with your depth perception and even temporarily blind you. Though typical sunglasses shade your eyes, they don’t do anything to stop glare.
Polarized lenses are designed to eliminate glare. They have a special coating that allows light rays to enter the lenses vertically but blocks horizontal waves. The result is no glare and clearer vision through your sunglasses.
BENEFITS OF MAUI JIM POLARIZED LENSES
Reduced glare benefits your eyes in several ways. One major benefit is improved safety. While driving, you won’t be temporarily blinded when the sun hits windshields and mirrors. You’ll also be able to see into the distance better.
Playing sports, especially water sports, is much easier, too. Eliminating glare off the water gives you better game. Trying to focus through the sun’s glare causes you to squint. If you spend a day squinting into the sun, you could strain your eyes. Most people find they no longer need to squint with polarized lenses.
MAUI JIM LENS OPTIONS
Maui Jim offers four lens options so you get the fit and feel you want from your polarized lenses. All of them have scratch-resistant and shatter-resistant properties.
- Mauipure – This is the brand’s most popular lens. Mauipure lenses offer superior clarity of vision, plus shatter resistance and scratch resistance. These lenses are very lightweight and easy to wear.
- Superthin Glass – These glass lenses offer the very best in clarity. If sharp images are what you want, you can’t go wrong with Superthin Glass. It’s 20 percent lighter than regular glass, though it’s still Maui Jim’s heaviest lens option.
- Maui Evolution – These are lightweight polycarbonate lenses with better clarity than other brands made of the same material.
- Mauibrilliant – This is a material with almost as much clarity as glass, but just one-third as heavy.
Maui Jim lenses are available in four colors:
- Neutral gray – best in direct sunlight with the most light reduction. Experience sharper contrast and beautiful colors.
- HLC bronze – designed for high contrast, and works for everyday use.
- Maui rose – perfect for sports with the highest contrast Maui Jim offers.
- Maui HT – amplifies colors and is great for golfers.
Keep your eyes healthy in the summer with a pair of polarized sunglasses. Request an appointment today and find an array of Maui Jim glasses in our showroom. If you have any questions, come visit us for more information on the best Maui Jim lenses for you.